Information Security Documentation Specialist
We are seeking a highly motivated Information Security Documentation Specialist to document systems, services, and assets with a view to developing out better-understood Security processes and practices.
- The IT Security Documentation Specialist will be responsible for assisting in maintenance and development of the documents library.
- Generate and maintain security documentation for client assets such as system hardware and software, to include System Security Plans, equipment lists, and practices and procedures.
- Assess and update documentation for Center for Internet Security (CIS) security controls within the IT infrastructures.
- Prepare documentation such as Risk Assessment Reports (RAR), System Security Plans (SSP), Security Assessment Reports (SAR), and Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms) to ensure compliance with client security policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with various Heads of Departments and Systems Administrators to develop and maintain documentation of processes, including Standard Operating Procedures, process flow diagrams, Work Instructions, and related items.
- Maintain all required IT Security documentation; additionally, ensure all documents are maintained and managed in accordance with applicable Security Guides.
- Manage the documentation for the information assurance aspects of multiple complex Software/Application, Engineering and IT infrastructure projects.
- Help develop, maintain, and execute IT Security Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) in collaboration with Head of Information Security and Assistant Director, Strategic Planning, Architecture & Policy.
- Support focused improvement initiatives such as current and future state process mapping as well as maintaining CIS Controls documentation for Cyber Essentials Certification and GDPR compliance activities.
- Communicate effectively with internal client customers, program owners, and between teams within IT departments.
- Demonstrated ability to expedite, multitask, and prioritize while delivering high-quality products and services.
- Strong analysis capability demonstrated through tasking to independently analyse, summarise, and make recommendations on process, procedures, and project-related activities.
- Committed team player with solid / excellent interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized and process oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
A minimum of 5 years of related experience in technical writing and documentation experience pertaining to all aspects of Information Security, including 2 years of specialized experience in Higher Education or Public Sector technical documentation.