Want an industry placement to pursue your IT career in an exciting, rapidly advancing sector as part of your university degree?
Network security engineering is constantly evolving, where it is important to be eager to learn and keen to remain on top of new and emerging technologies. We are leading the way in large-scale advanced networking infrastructure, research and technology innovation, and collaboration. We offer a 10 to 12 month placement at our Operations Centre for these companies in a placement year (starting January 2021) as part of their university degree in computing or networking.
What you’re going to gain/what we can offer you?
- A year training with the biggest networking organization in the world.
- Offer you the chance to work with top engineers who are experts in their profession.
- Give you the chance to take any equipment that is not in use in the laboratory and create whatever you want.
- Delegate you to projects where you can learn different skills for troubleshooting
- We are a very competitive package of £12500 per annum.
What Are We Looking For?
We are searching for someone who can indicate the following;
- Officially registered as a graduate studying a course in Computing, Networking and/or IT at the University and willing to pursue a placement year.
- Be fit for full time jobs in the UK
- Be prepared to relocate within the UK
- The desire to perform a task and be able to investigate and provide what is needed
- Display a keen interest in the following technologies.
- Networking – (Routing & Switching)
- Programming / Automation – (Python, Bash, PHP etc)
- Operating systems for Linux / Windows
- Technologies of Virtualization – VMware
- Protocols for networking
- Operating systems (Microsoft Server and LINUX variants)
- Network Services for Applications
- And at least 30 hours per week is mandatory
You should like to be challenged and open to new things that can be used for your studies. We’re looking for someone who wants to work openly and collaboratively.
- Information Technology & Services
Due to COVID-19 we have to follow the government guidelines with respect to work environment, travel and in-person meetings. Where possible we will be working remotely.